Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while. The presentation went well this last Friday. It was suggested that I add some animals into my level. I have started on a fish for the pools of water, but I was having difficulty with the animation. I could get it animated, but my animation skills are lacking and I'm going to have to give it some more work.

Today I redid the vines and added some new ones. I remade the textures for the tree vines and made the old vines into alphaed planes as I thought it would look better. I then made the vines that hang between the trees.
I also redid the tree leaves. I made a highpoly branch then baked it down to make the textures. The colour needs to be tweaked, but I think it looks a lot better. I also changed the normals of the leaves to face outwards using the speed tree plug-in in 3dsmax, which makes them shade a lot more naturally.

In the last week, I made height maps out of some of the patterns I had researched. The normal maps from these I am planning to use throughout the level.

I also added a new medium sized plant, based on one from my Birmingham trip.

Finally, I changed the cliffs and added more variety to them to make them more natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment