Wednesday 28 November 2012

Blockouts


I’ve been working on a block out for that layout. I came across a few problems with translating it into 3d, especially with the inside of the cliff face. I’m going to have to rearrange it so the stairs fit properly. At the moment they are too steep to get up, or they are too long to fit to the layout. I moved the temple to one side, but I still need to change this.

I tried to put it in cryengine. I’m so out of practice with this engine, and I couldn’t get the collision working. It’s a complicated collision mesh, and I think there is something wrong with it. I just threw it in the forest level to have a look at it for the meantime, and flying round I could see that problem. So back to the drawing board again.
 

 

I was thinking of making a ladder or climbable bit at one point to get rid of the stairs problem, but I am not sure I’ll be able to do it. I’m really worried about using this engine, especially as I seem to have forgotten most of what I know about it. With the waterfalls as well, I don’t know how to do them and there is not as many tutorials available as there is for unreal.

But I’ll work it out as I go along, it is the right engine to use, epically for all that foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment